Navigating this industry is an art in itself
It's important to learn from teachers who have a vast amount of experience in the professional field and in the specific genre of voice-over that you want to pursue.
I offer private 1-on-1 voice-over coaching lessons that focus on animation, anime dubbing, and video games. Character voice acting is my specialty. These training sessions provide a chance to learn more about the voice-over industry, studios, and the business of acting with your voice!
(I teach teens and adults: ages 15 and up)
Here are some subjects I can cover as a coach:
1. Voice Acting Basics: If you are new to voice acting, this is a great place to start! We can discuss the basics of acting with your voice, learn industry etiquette that will help you conduct yourself professionally, and discuss the steps to cultivate your career in this industry.
2. Anime Dubbing / ADR: If you wish to pursue a career in dubbing, we can discuss the intricacies of this specific industry where you can learn how to read a dubbing/ADR script, study ADR terminology, and practice taking direction well in a fast-paced environment!
3. Performance Critique: Learn directory terminology, receive vocal direction, practice voice-over audition methods, get feedback and critique from a currently working professional, and learn to get creative with your line deliveries!
4. Character Creation: Discover the currently trending character archetypes, explore your own vocal age range, discover your strengths, and grow in the vocal areas you want to improve.
5. Career Mentoring: Learn how to navigate the voice-over industry, specifically for character work. We will discuss the voice-over market's current trends, what is required when making connections and networking, industry red-flags, and the common misconceptions of this business.
6. Basic Marketing: Learn how to properly market yourself, discover what social media can do for your business, and get step-by-step help in creating your brand. Receive current information about voice-over demo reels and get professional advice to help launch your VO career!
Other topics we can discuss: Talent agents, demo reels, vocal health resources, where to find voice acting jobs, resources for recording equipment based on your budget, and more!
Click HERE to schedule a day!
(ONCE YOU SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION, PLEASE READ THE EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY)
if you need coaching for an audition that's due ASAP, contact me directly and we can work something out.
$95 USD /hr
(each scheduled session is an hour in length)
Why learn from me?
Learning from qualified professionals is essential. It's important to learn from people who specialize in the area of voice-over that you want to pursue, whether that's animation, video games, commercial, promo, narration, audiobooks, industrial, e-learning, etc... It's also important that you're not getting incorrect advice from amateurs or learning outdated information from someone who doesn't work consistently in the professional industry anymore. Searching someone's IMDb profile is a great way to check for a coach's recent animation or video game credits, whether they're a voice actor, casting director, or voice director! Click here for a list of my many voice acting credits and a list of the various companies and clients I have done voice-over work for. I have 20+ years acting experience, and have trained with many of the most successful voice actors and directors in the voice-over business, all while working consistently in the professional industry. My main voice-over expertise is anime dubbing and video game voice-over. I have been working in this particular area of the VO industry consistently for 8 years now. ~ I always recommend that people branch out and learn from more than one teacher. I encourage you to take multiple classes, workshops, private coaching lessons, and learn from as many industry professionals as you can. There are so many resources available to you, but please be aware that there are also many scams, and I hope I can help you to avoid those before it's too late. Before you spend your money on a class, workshop, or private coaching lesson, always do your research on the teacher/coach. I wish you all the best!
Click HERE for a list of what I deem to be "red flags" to look out for when searching for a coach.
Click HERE for a list of other coaches I recommend in addition to myself.